Next Pathology offers multiple COVID-19 testing solutions for your travellers’ needs.
- A testing site at OR Tambo International Airport, specifically catered to travellers requiring a test within 2 hours of their check in.
- A Concierge Services that allows testing in the privacy and safety of travellers’ homes, offices or hotels with a SANC Registered Nurse. 24 hour and 4 hour testing options available in Johannesburg & Cape Town.
- Convenient drive-through testing facilities in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town and Durban. 12 hour & 4 hour testing options available in Cape Town & Gauteng.
- Receive both approved Travel Certificates, as well as approved Results Certificates.
- Next Pathology is also part of the PanaBios Trusted Travellers programme.
There are three different test types available:
- PCR Test: This is a laboratory-based test and considered the gold standard for testing due to its superior accuracy, sensitivity and specificity. The sample is collected via a nasal or throat swab.
- Antigen Test: This is a rapid, point-of-care test performed at the site of sampling. The sample is collected via a nasal swab. The test is not as sensitive as a PCR, and if an individual tests negative but is symptomatic, it is recommended that a PCR test is done.
- LAMP Test (Isothermal Amplification): This is a molecular NAAT (nucleic acid amplification test) also referred to as a LAMP test. The test is less sensitive than a PCR test and may not detect low levels of the virus, but it is significantly faster and can be done at the site of sample collection. It is important to ensure that a LAMP test is allowed by both country and airlines before processing. Coming soon!
Next Pathology is here to help you answer all your travellers’ COVID-19 travel related questions! The team have put together a list of top FAQs – click here to read more.
The Next Pathology Travel Team is here to support you and your travellers on their journey! Visit our website for more details.